Home
JAQForum Ver 24.01
Active Topics
Local Time 11:26 08 Sep 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Electronics : Inbound sh*tstorm for Oz Feed-in Solar users

CaptainBoing

Guru

Posted: 08:55am 13 Jun 2024
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

https://youtube.com/shorts/W9nyos27dPk?si=uUuqPc2By4ymIq07

Revlac

Guru

Posted: 09:16am 13 Jun 2024
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Didn't watch the whole thing but yeah, I thought they would be doing that......Years ago I looked into getting grid tie solar and wasn't happy with the way it was going then, They Get enough people on it then screw them.
Cheers Aaron
Off The Grid

KeepIS

Guru

Posted: 09:52am 13 Jun 2024
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Power company will charge us for storing the excess, last time I checked they don't have storage facilities, just too much solar feeding into the grid when the sun shines, who could have not seen that coming.

I believe they will make you pay during high generation times, and give you 0.0001c during late afternoon and early morning - so absolutely nothing.

Looks like half the old solar feed panels come off our roof and move over to the off grid section for the batteries and inverter.

I knew sooner or later we would cut our feed in to the corporations.

Looks like it might be sooner.
It's all too hard.
Mike.

Godoh
Guru

Posted: 12:01am 14 Jun 2024
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Yep Privatisation is always good for the consumer. Now where have we heard that one before.
Oh yes
Privatising toll roads, phone services, power, water. All the things that should be essential services were sold off by governments in order to use the money to buy our votes.
I am so glad that I have been off grid most of my life.
As long as they don't want to start charging us for the sunshine like they charger people to collect rainwater in their dams.
Pete

noneyabussiness
Guru

Posted: 12:32am 14 Jun 2024
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

geeze.. what happened to being " green " ... won't thus reduce the uptake of on grid solar, which will increase greenhouse gases??

FFS, only when it suits em...

load of horse s#it.. glad I'm off grid..
I think it works !!

lizby
Guru

Posted: 12:08pm 02 Aug 2024
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Net metering makes sense when jump-starting residential solar production, but in the long run, as more people add solar, it cannot make economic sense for the grid producers to be effectively paying homeowners $.16 or $.24 or even $.35 for electricity which they themselves can generate for maybe $.02-$.05 a kilowatt-hour--especially at a time when they don't need additional electricity.

This day had to be coming. Residential solar will not make sense without battery storage so that homeowners can use as much as possible of what they generate.
PicoMite, Armmite F4, SensorKits, MMBasic Hardware, Games, etc. on fruitoftheshed

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024