Home
JAQForum Ver 24.01
Active Topics
Local Time 11:20 08 Sep 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Electronics : Replace the stepper motor of your 3D printer

carl25

Posted: 08:13am 18 Jul 2024
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Recently my 3D printer is making a lot of noise. I suspect the stepper motor driver has failed, so I will buy a new one to replace it. I found this driver: https://www.oyostepper.de/goods-111-Digitaler-Schrittmotortreiber-DM542T-Schrittmotor-Treiber-10-42A-20-50VDC-f%C3%BCr-Nema-17-23-24-Schrittmotor.html

Has anyone used it? Can the noise be reduced?

SimpleSafeName

Guru

Posted: 11:40pm 18 Jul 2024
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Well, that's quite a driver for your stepper motor. Aka "Overkill" :)

So what 3D printer do you have? If it is a custom-built printer, what controller board are you using?

You will be better off either getting a replacement board from the manufacturer, or if they won't replace the board, and if the printer is worth fixing, a board from Duet3D or BigTreeTech/BIQU.

poida

Guru

Posted: 04:36am 19 Jul 2024
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

yes, I have used these. They work fine.
the one I have is M542H, maybe an earlier version.

what's inside..

wronger than a phone book full of wrong phone numbers

SimpleSafeName

Guru

Posted: 07:19am 19 Jul 2024
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I've used them too. Just not on a 3D printer. And when you can get a replacement board for as little as $30 USD (or less) for your printer, why oh why would you hack this thing to your printer?

And if you have 3D printing buddies, then it's almost a guarantee that one of them will have a spare board laying around somewhere.

But if you need the additional capabilities of the external driver, then that's a different story.

As an aside, I have ClearPath Teknic servos for my X and Y axes on my Hevort. So there are places for them. :)

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024