Home
JAQForum Ver 20.06
Active Topics
Local Time 19:39 28 Apr 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : CMM1.5 full design files

matherp
Guru

Posted: 04:02pm 25 Mar 2024
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

The CMM1.5 is a platform for running the PicoMiteVGAUSB software. Attached are all the design files to allow anyone to build this. The box is the MULTICOMP MCRM2015S. Price for 5 boards fully complete and ready to run from JLC is £80.20 + shipping and any country dependent taxes.
The push button on the volume control is non-latching so it can't be used for an on-off switch. Instead it is connected to GND and GP0 allowing it to be used as a user input for a program.
To install the firmware connect a USB-A to USB-A cable to the USB-A socket while holding down the "BOOT" switch. Copy the PicoMiteVGAUSB V5.09 firmware .uf2 file to the disk drive created by the RP2040. Then remove the USB-A cable and connect a USB-C for a console. Type OPTION RESET CMM1.5 and you are then fully configured

Dxf and stl files for the box ends

CMM1.5ends.zip

Gerbers

CMM1.5.zip

BOM and pick and place files

BOM_CMM1.5.zip

Schematic

3848545a-2bf6-4683-863d-df975790c97e.pdf

EasyEDA design file

CMM1.5easyeda.zip

Edited 2024-03-26 02:02 by matherp

Volhout
Guru

Posted: 07:47am 26 Mar 2024
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Peter,

JLC has removed the top copper cooling of U1. This may not be a huge issue, but the board is not the same as the 3D simulation files you included in this same post.

Volhout

P.S. You should not eat cookies while making photographs.......DS3231
Edited 2024-03-26 17:52 by Volhout
PicomiteVGA PETSCII ROBOTS

bigmik

Guru

Posted: 04:52am 28 Mar 2024
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Gday Peter, All,

Something I have noticed when using a HUB (a compatible one of course)

If I plug a Mouse in (and nothing else) I get a connected report, upon removing the mouse I always get a disconnected report.

However,

If I plug a Keyboard in (and nothing else) I get a connected report, upon removing the keyboard I never get a disconnected report. This works with keyboard directly to the "1.5 PicoVGA-USB" with no hub in between.

Another funny, if a keyboard is plugged in first and then a mouse is plugged in I get no mouse connected reports.

This also carries to if I plug the mouse in first then the keyboard, removing either does not report a disconnect.

If both are plugged in before power up (or use RESET) then both are detected but none will report a disconnect)

Is this a limitation of the Tiny-USB code or is it something else?

If it is a limitation of tiny-USB then its workable to have them plugged up before a power up or reset but it does seem strange that the mouse detects every time until a keyboard is plugged in.

I have tried 3 different keyboards and they all do the same.

BTW, I have VGA-Pico-USB ver 5.09.00RC1

Kind Regards,

Mick
Mick's uMite Stuff can be found >>> HERE (Kindly hosted by Dontronics) <<<

Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024