Home
JAQForum Ver 24.01
Active Topics
Local Time 11:03 08 Sep 2024 Privacy Policy
Jump to

Notice. New forum software under development. It's going to miss a few functions and look a bit ugly for a while, but I'm working on it full time now as the old forum was too unstable. Couple days, all good. If you notice any issues, please contact me.

Forum Index : Microcontroller and PC projects : Pico LC meter

Page 3 of 3    
Mixtel90

Guru

Posted: 01:07pm 01 Aug 2024
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

I can't / won't design round an Arduino on the grounds that their IDE grinds my PC to a halt. ;)
Mick

Zilog Inside! nascom.info for Nascom & Gemini
Preliminary MMBasic docs & my PCB designs

v.lenzer

Posted: 01:43pm 01 Aug 2024
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Volhout!
I assume that there is a copper worm somewhere in my setup. But I will still install the original software so that I can be sure that it is not the problem. If that doesn't help, I will either take my setup apart and rebuild it or have a circuit board made that fits exactly in my case.

just to be sure: your zero runs at 133 MHz

@Mick:
I don't want to get in your way. You can design a circuit board and have it made. But in this case, I would like to design a suitable one for my case myself so that all the holes and cutouts fit. I hope you understand. But first I hope that I can find the error.
Best wishes! Joachim

v.lenzer

Posted: 01:58pm 01 Aug 2024
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Volhout!
I'm going crazy. It's actually a software bug. I've installed your version and the measured values ​​are plausible. The 816 pF has a measured value of 810.2 pF. The 82 uH coil has a measured value of 67 uH. I don't know the tolerance of the component (yet).
In your version I set Cref to 816e-12. Can I leave Cbase and Lbase as they are?
I'm embarrassed that I went to such a trouble. Since I only changed the text output in my opinion, I would never have thought of a software bug.
So, now I can turn off my soldering iron and screw the housing together. Thanks again to everyone for the help and especially to you, Volhout, for this great project.
Best wishes! Joachim

Volhout
Guru

Posted: 02:01pm 01 Aug 2024
Copy link to clipboard 
Print this post

Hi Joachim,

I think the pico runs at 126MHz (see setup PIO in the listing) since I developped on the PicoMiteVGA.
If you run at 133MHz, then it is best to set the PIO speed according (lowest jitter) but the current setting (126MHz = 126e6) will work also.
There is nothing in the MMBasic code that requires high speed. Only the PIO is very busy.

If you want, change...

'PIO 1.3
f3=126e6      

to

'PIO 1.3
f3=133e6      

Regards,

Volhout
Edited 2024-08-02 00:04 by Volhout
PicomiteVGA PETSCII ROBOTS

Page 3 of 3    
Print this page

To reply to this topic, you need to log in.

© JAQ Software 2024